Biobest Canada Ltd., a subsidiary of Biobest Biological Systems for Sustainable Crop Management is currently seeking the services of a Plant Manager for its production facilities in Leamington, Ontario, Canada and McFarland, California, USA. Biobest Biological Systems is a world leader in the production of bumblebees and beneficial insects with offices and production facilities in over eight countries and sales in over fifty.
The successful applicant will report directly to Biobest’s headquarter in Belgium and will need to achieve corporate goals as set by head office there.
The successful applicant will be based in Leamington, Ontario, but will be required to travel from time to time in the course of his or her duties, primarily to McFarland, California.
Salary and benefits package will be commensurate with industry standards and experience of applicant.
Plant Manager will be responsible for:
- The efficient scheduling and operation of the plants
- Coordination with the Production, Customer Service/Logistics and Financial Managers to meet customer requirements and shipments of finished products
- Maintenance/implementation of efficiency, productivity and profitability strategies
- Supervision and development of capital budgets for process and plant operations
- Compliance and implementation of all provincial & federal safety regulations assisted by the Joint Health and Safety Committee
- Maintenance and improvement of standard operating procedures, policy manuals and compliance
- Inventory and purchasing
- Human resource management
- Product registration and import/export permits
Qualifications and Education
- A Business degree or Diploma or five years equivalent experience with credible references
- Strong background knowledge of finance and advanced computer skills in, but not restricted to, Microsoft Office, Simply Accounting and Axapta
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Be detail oriented, organized and proactive
- Ability to work effectively in a stressful (live product) environment
- Knowledge of this industry would be an asset, but not a requirement
- Successful candidate must relocate to Leamington/Wheatley, Ontario and be in an on-call pager rotation
Please send your CV to Richard Ward : firstname.lastname@example.org